About Francine Burlet Photography
was born in Dijon, like the mustard.
spoke Creole at the age of 4 with her friends in Pointe-à-pitre, Guadaloupe (French Caribbean)
had a hard time to learned how to raise her hand before speaking at school
masters 5 languages and is learning Arabic.
travelled in 76 countries and wants more!
now works as a correspondant for Le Dauphiné Libéré, a French daily newspaper and as a freelance photoreporter.
- Solo exhibition on Daley Plaza, Chicago Arabesque annual Festival, april 2010. Series “Souq at Breakfast”.
- Collentive Exhibition in Al Riwaq Gallery in Bahrain "Same same but different" featuring the work of photographers working on the study of types (typology) in February and March 2011. Series "endangered species".
- Collective Exhibition "Unite BH" in Moda Mall in Bahrain, in april and May 2011. Series "My Beautiful Bahrain".
- Solo exhibition "Petits commerces" in la Médiathèque de Barcelonnette, May - July 2013.
- Solo exhibition "Portraits de commerçants de Barcelonnette", Hôtel Azteca, Barcelonnette. From January 2014
- Duo exhibition with Théo Giacometti "La Jonction: histoires d'Arnaud et d'Arnauville", Musée de la Vallée, Barcelonnette, France. From June 20th to July 11st 2015.
- Duo exhibition with Théo Giacometti "La Jonction: histoires d'Arnaud et d'Arnauville", Chapelle des Pénitents, Jausiers, France. From July 15th to august 26th 2015.
- Duo exhibition with Théo Giacometti "La Jonction: histoires d'Arnaud et d'Arnauville", Médiathèque de l'Ubaye, Barcelonnette, France. From october to november 2015.
+ More than 900 publications in newspapers and travel magazines worldwide (See Portfolio)
Stages and studies:
1990: DESS (Master 2) in Economics à Aix en Provence (France)
2002: Licence (Master 1) de journalisme à l'ULB à Bruxelles (Belgique)
2009-2010: Al Riwaq Gallery (bahrain): Photography course part 1 and 2.
2011: Complete course of professional photography in the New-York Institude of Photography.
2012: Several courses of the Ecole Nationale Supérieur de Photography in Arles (France):
- La commande photographique,
- Organiser une exposition,
- La création de Petites Oeuvres Multimedia (POM),
- Lightroom 5
- Présentation d'oeuvres photographiques.
- Travail à la chambre photographique.
Tél.+33 6 29271437